New York State Police Challenge Coins – Honoring New York Police Officers
New York State is situated in the Northeastern region of the United States. It is the 11th of the earliest original thirteen states of the United States. With the total population of 19.45 million, it is the 4th most populated State in the country. Albany is the capital city, while New York City, which is known as the cultural, financial, and media capital of the world, is the largest city of New York State. New York State is also known by its nickname "The Empire State," which is the official nickname of the State. New York State's motto is "Excelsior," which means "Ever Upward." The leading economic industries of New York State are financial services, professional and technical services, media, trade, information technology, agriculture, exports, energy, manufacturing, health care, publishing, mining, real State, etc.
Fun Facts about New York State
Here are some fun facts about N.Y. State.
- The largest city of the New York State, New York City, is known as a global city, home to the United Nations headquarters, the financial capital of the world, the big apple, and the cultural, financial, and media capital of the world. Almost more than 800 languages are spoken here.
- A newspaper called "The New York Post" is considered the oldest ongoing newspaper of the United States, founded by Alexander Hamilton in 1803.
- A sculpture is known as the symbol of freedom and democracy called "The Statue of Liberty," was gifted by France in New York City, New York State.
- The smallest church of the world is located in Oneida, a county in New York State. Only two people can sit in it. On the other hand, the State has the world's largest railway station, the Grand Central Terminal.
- New York is home to the world's largest stock exchange, the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
- Joseph Gayetty, an American Inventor, knew for his invention of commercial toilet paper, was from New York State.
- New York State is home to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, which is recognized as the country's largest most visited art museum.
- The Empire State Building is among the world's engineering wonders. It used to be the tallest building globally with a total height of 1,250 feet (381 m). If you go up to the two Observation Decks on its 86th and 102nd floors, you can see five states, including New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and the Massachusetts States.
- Albany International Airport in New York State was established in 1928, and it is the oldest municipal airport in the country.
- N.Y. The State is the second-largest apple-producing State and the third-largest dairy products producing State in the United States.
New York Law Enforcement Role in Public Safety
New York law enforcement agencies have a tough job maintaining peace in one of the most culturally diverse states in the country. These agencies strive to ensure public safety, protect the constitutional right, and ensure foreign visitors' safety. These agencies put in additional effort to train their police officers according to the changing demands of public safety to ensure maximum protection. To do so, rigorous police training is provided to the police officers. To keep their brave police officers motivated, New York law enforcement agencies show appreciation by awarding them with police challenge coins and other honors.
New York Law Enforcement Agencies
According to the data provided by the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics, approximately five hundred and fourteen (514) law enforcement agencies are diligently serving in New York State. These law enforcement agencies are helping the State with nearly 66,472 gallant police officers.
New York State Law Enforcement Agencies
Various state law enforcement agencies are operating in New York State. Some of the most notable ones include New York State Police, New York State Office of the Attorney General, New York State Forest Rangers, New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision, New York State Department of Taxation and Finance, and others.
New York County Law Enforcement Agencies
Numerous county law enforcement agencies are operating in the N.Y. counties. Some of the most notable ones include Albany County Sheriff's Department, New York County District Attorney's Office, Richmond County District Attorney's Office, Cayuga County Sheriff's Office, Chemung County Sheriff's Office, Columbia County Sheriff's Office, Dutchess County Sheriff's Office, Franklin County Sheriff's Office, Niagara County Sheriff's Department, Nassau County Police Department, and others.
New York Municipal Law Enforcement Agencies
Many municipal law enforcement agencies are working across N.Y. State. Some of them include the Binghamton Police Department, Buffalo Police Department, Town of Carmel Police Department, East Hampton Town Police Department, Freeport Police Department, Shelter Island Town Police Department, Hempstead Police Department, and others.
New York has some bi-state law enforcement departments that collaborate with other states' police departments. These agencies include Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Police Department, Waterfront Commission of New York Harbor Police.
Federal Agencies In New York
Some dominant federal agencies in New York State include Diplomatic Security Service, FBI Police, Department of the Air Force Police, United States Secret Service, Federal Protective Service, U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command, U.S. Customs, and Border Protection, etc.
Customized New York State Police Challenge Coins
Customized police challenge coins are used by law enforcement agencies and other businesses to highlight and honor their best-performing officers and workers. Most civilians use these challenge coins as gifts for police officers or their police memorabilia collection. Police Brand offers customized wooden badge and other police collectibles that can be customized using different details, such as the officer's name, rank, and number, etc.
Collectible New York Police Challenge Coins
Many police challenge coin collectors are always looking for the police collectibles. Police Brand offers terrific collections of police collectibles, including police challenge coins, badges, wrist bands, etc.
Get New York Police Challenge Coins
If you want to show your continuous support to the New York police agencies, grab your unique police challenge coin from our exclusive Guardian Mind series. Click here to see our Guardian Mind police challenge coin collection.